Partial Hospitalization Program
The Parkdale Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is an intensive, full-time program that includes access to all of Parkdale’s treatment services. Full time programming also incorporates group therapeutic systems and didactic programming. Individuals reside together with other Highly Accountable Professionals in Parkdale’s beautiful, serene, and historic facility. Located near the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan, Parkdale Center can be reached in less than an hour from Chicago, South Bend, and the Michigan border. The length of this portion of the program varies by individual.
WHILE IN TREATMENT
- Accommodations—We have group residential options located upstairs, or individual hotel rates negotiated offsite.
- Full-time custom and group treatments begin and access to all Parkdale services
- These are designed for the professional and include a host of stress/addiction management therapies such as yoga for pain, cognitive, understanding relapse, and more.
- Families and employers are provided with support, education, and options from Parkdale on how to improve outcomes during this stage also.
Clients will be involved in daily sessions that include:
- Individual and group counseling with Parkdale’s caring, experienced, and reputable staff
- Guest lecturers from the addiction, healthcare, legal, regulatory and other communities
- Acupuncture, music therapy, art therapy and many other holistic and alternative treatments
- Exercise therapy - Gym visits and Pain-managment based yoga
- 12-step meeting attendance
- Gratitude and 10th step meetings
- Nutritional guidance
- Family sessions
- Pastoral and spiritual guidance
- Random drug screens to ensure compliance
- Educational training and resource utilization
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy and mindfulness training
FOR THOSE MONITORED PROFESSIONALS SEEKING TREATMENT
Given the nature of the potential regulatory and legal implications for those monitored professionals seeking treatment, Parkdale is dedicated to working closely as the liaison between the individual and these agencies to ensure compliance. This agencies might include regulatory, licensing, employment, and law enforcement entities. Our treatment, advocacy services, and assistance is done with the goal of restoring hope and rebuilding lives.
After this phase, it is critical that we move towards building new habits on home turf. However it must be done with great care and supervision in order not to allow triggers to overtake the success. This is the Intensive Outpatient Program.